Friday, June 24, 2011

Packing, Moving, Candle Making and Scraping

There is no "break" in My summer break. Last week I took a couple of personal days to finish out my school year. I headed northwest to Fort Wayne to help pack and move my daughter and son-in-law, Lauren and Eric, out of their first home and into storage. I see another move with "unpacking" in my summer break as well.

After that whirlwind adventure, I traveled back to Ohio and requests for candles. Not having much of an inventory, I filled my pouring containers with wax and so began my candle making adventure.




I am having trouble finding my 6 3/8 inch terra cotta saucers for my candle pies so I have focused on some jar candles and cast iron skillet candles. I mastered 28 jars of candles in the following flavors: Hot Apple Pie w/Vanilla Nut Streusel Topping, Spiced Cranberry w/Vanilla Nut Streusel Topping and Cinnamon Rolls with Warm Vanilla Frosting. I also managed to make 10 little skillets of Cranberry Spice Cake w/Vanilla Nut Streusel Topping.

As if packing, moving and candle making did not take enough of my days, I threw in the adventure of my son Jacob's bedroom. First, the popcorn ceilings had to go so I went to Lowe's and purchased a scraper and a mask and off to dust land I went.



I still have to finish the ceiling, but I am on my way to a new ceiling. Once that is complete, I will paint the walls and lay a new laminate flooring.  More pictures as the project progresses.

No matter how busy my days are, I take the time to thank the LORD for the family He has given to me to serve and my hands to serve with.

I pray you feel blessed as well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com